Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Neighborhood

If I were to ask you how well you knew your own neighborhood, or your neighbors do you think you could give me a full answer? Now a day’s many people don’t really take the time to get out of their own house, and take a stroll down their street. Well that’s how it is for most people, but for me I have gotten to know my surroundings of my “hood” since I have lived here for about ten years. For starters I live on the south side of San Antonio, and not to far from Palo Alto, and even closer to South San Antonio high school, which I use to attend. The neighborhood that I live in is a middle class area there isn’t any thing really fancy about it just the same as every other one in my area. When I was around the age of nine I really got to know a few of my next door neighbors, since I did go to the same elementary school as their children, Kindred, and lived right next to them as well! The ones that I’m most close to are the Devora’s and the Cruz’s because their son’s Orlando and Rene are my friends. Some of my other neighbors around there I’m close to as well because a few of them are a part of my family. Two houses down from mine is the home that belongs to my grandparents who have lived there for over close to forty-five years. I enjoy going to visit them because their house has many trees which provide plenty of shade during those very hot summer days. Also three houses down on the other side of my house lives my Tia Angie. Even though she is my great aunt everyone in my family has always called her “Tia Angie”? A good thing for my family is the church that we attend, St. Clare’s, is only two blocks away from our house. One of the things that I really like the most is that a block away there is a public park called Golden Park. Since I am a very active person it makes it easier for me to go and meet up with my friends. Before I moved here I would have to walk a far distance to play basketball, or do any other kind of activity when I meet up with my friends. Also since it’s so close to home my mom doesn’t really worry so much when I tell her that I’m going over to the park to play a couple of games with my friends. The one thing that I really love about my neighborhood is that when who ever built these houses made them real close to each other. For most people I know that would be a bit annoying, but I like it because it allows you to keep in touch, and have at lease some communication with your surrounding neighbors.

No comments: