Wednesday, November 7, 2007

St. Mark’s beauty

For this entry I was told to find a piece of art that I thought was really nice. I’m not really interested in paintings, sculptures, or murals. To me I find those things really nice to look at, but house designs and building structures are what really catch my attention! I like looking at old buildings and find historical places to be fascinating. I really didn’t have to search around for that long to find a building that I thought was stunning. Being that I work at St. Mark’s Episcopal church I have grown to admire and appreciate the beauty, and history that this building holds within itself. For starters this church was established during the Civil War era with the help from General Robert E. Lee. Also this church is where President Lyndon B. Johnson and his wife “Lady Bird” got married! Another thing that I like about this place is that it has a very rare nostalgic look to it. Also since this church is located downtown at the intersection of Jefferson and E. Pecan St. you would think that there wouldn’t be that much foliage on its grounds. This church however has lots of beautiful plants and trees located through out its premises. The building itself is amazing to have still remained intact after all of these years, and even though time has past around this place the beauty of it has remained unchanged over the years.

No comments: